Sunday, February 1, 2009

If I Could , But Could I ??

If I could turn and walk away,
And start all over again..
I can forget I ever knew you,
I could live in a world of pretend.

But everytime I open my eyes,
It's back to reality.
Things I've tried to forget,
Are back again with me.

I could go through life,
Never saying your name.
I could live each day..
Looking for a place to lay the blame.

I could feel bitter,
For the way things turned out.
But I choose not to be,
That's not what I'm about.

I could forever long for you,
And this I'll probably do.
If only I could've touched your face..
At least one dream would've come true.

I could say I hate you,
But it would be a lie.
I could wish I'd never met you,
So I'd never had a sad goodbye.

But no matter the tears,
The aches I felt inside,
I still can't regret knowing you,
My feelings I've never denied.

I chose to remember you,
The way you were with me.
Things you said and felt..
I hold in loving memory.

Even though it was a heartache,
Only waiting to begin,
What I experienced with you...
Was the best place I've ever been.

if you are looking at this poem, i hope that u know i still love you, and i still care bout you...